Hi, I’m Zilla Q, wife to an amazing man and Momma Bear to two boys, one of whom experiences disabilities. I have the privilege to work with individuals and families that experience disabilities in my day job. It is because of that work, and the disabilities in my own family, that led me to start this blog. People have a lot of questions when it comes to disabilities but don’t know where to turn for the answers. Sometimes, there are even important questions people don’t know that they should be thinking about. My goal is to cover all that and more. This will be a journey we are on together.
A Few Interesting Facts
In my work, I love getting to know people and their stories and creating a bond through our shared experiences. As I look forward to getting to know you too, here are some quick things to know about me.
- I was born in Washington, raised in Alaska and live in Oregon
- I love sleep…when I can get it
- Please don’t talk to me before 10am!
- I love canning and preserving!
- I am an introvert but hide it well
- I served in the US Navy for 5 years and was stationed in Hawaii
- I am really good at listening
- I like to craft and play music, but having the time to do it is another thing
- My family is my world and I’ll do anything for them
- I live in a multi-generational home with my in-laws. Out of the 6 of us, 4 experience disabilities
Settle in, grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable – I have a lot of great stuff for you!
– Zilla –